Friday 1 June 2012

Story, Story... Story! Once upon a Time...

A boy and his father were sitting outside one bright night. The father was so preoccupied with things best known to him that he barely noticed the galaxies of stars that gave the night its unusual brightness.
After a long silence; the boy thought sharing his new philosophy about stars will be a good idea but first, he'll like to know what his father think about them.
"Dad?" the boy called out to get his father's attention and his father answered and said "What is it? Young man!" "Actually," the boy continued "I've been thinking about stars. I've wanted to know what they are and why they come out at night. So, can you please tell me what you know about them? I already got an idea though"
It was at this point that the father took cognizance of the unusually bright sky. He cleared his throat and stammeringly said "I... I don't... Ehmm... Ok! I really don't know much about stars except that they... are big clusters of gas and...yes! Though they seem small, they are far much bigger than the whole earth!" He noticed his son was not embarrassed. Rather, he had an expression that suggests 'I've got a better idea'. "Now tell me, what is it you said your opinion was?" The father asked, trying to shift the attention from himself.
"This is what I think;" the boy started "whenever anyone who does good dies, he immediately turns to a star and go up there to keep watch over his loved ones at night and those whose lives he had affected positively will keep on remembering him as long as they see the stars!" That is the END of my story.
Now let's come to reality... Assuming it happens just as the imaginary boy said, will you be qualified to turn to a star talk less of going up after your death? The story may be funny but there is always something to learn. Be good to yourself, be good to your family members, be good to your friends, be good to your neighbours, be good to strangers, be good to everyone that comes your way. You sure won't be forgotten for your good deeds. It pays to do good!

No comments:

Post a Comment