Tuesday 9 December 2014

RIP, OMAR!!!

"You are not serious, KOH" was what she said to me the most. Very simple, easy-going, gentle, delicate yet brave at heart, crafty and frank with words. She was afraid of nobody but was very respectful. She loved everyone but kept very few friends. Young in age but matured and experienced.

Me: Omar! (an arabic name)
Rita: KOH, I will break your head oh! My name is not Omar, it is OMAR.
Me: Oga, get used to it or call your police.
*she then chased me to deliver a spank on my naughty self but couldn't catch up*
That, is one of our many quarelsome dialogues I can't forget. Olayinka Matilda Aina Rita was not just a departmental and level mate, she was a friend, a sister and a business partner...

The day I bluntly asked her "Are you an SS" marked the beginning of our friendship. As expected, she looked away indifferently and answered with a question. "How did you know?" Of course, she looked very healthy that only very few people will notice her health status. When I did, I kind of became interested in her and went close but she's built a wall around her to avoid unnecessary pity. So, I needed to show her how much I believe in her mental capabilities, her bravery and ingenuity rather than show frivolous sympathy.

She hated to be pitied. Very independent and self reliant a lady. Did I tell you she's from a well to do home? You can hardly see her flaunt her parents' wealth cos she believed in her ability to make it without really relying on parental influence. She did most of her chores herself. She passed through MEE 101/102, GNS 102, CSP 210, Practicals and other notorious FUTA troubles just like everyone else.

Although a slow learner; she was intelligent and almost a perfectionist. I dubbed assignments from her a number of times *winks*. Guess what? She's in 2.1 (Second Class Upper Division).

She's beautiful, slim, tall, elegant and graceful. She believes "true beauty lies within" and I tell you, "OMAR cares to bring out the best in you" through her make up profession. She can finish you with her mouth so don't dare her in a word fight.

She's chaste and last I checked, was a VIRGIN. "I no get time for boys jare" A devout Catholic always with a Mary-embedded ring on her left fore finger. A member of the choir. Hardly missed Mass and other church services week in, week out...

We only get to chat most often cos I later earned myself her confidence that she tells me everything she can put in writing. Through this, I got to know a few things about her family and many other things as it concerns her.

On Sunday, 7th December, 2014; I got the shock of my life when I saw RIP on OMAR's picture. It was a devastation! I didn't cry immediately after the death of my eldest sister like I did that Sunday. Food became less of my worries. "I thought she has escaped" was what kept recurring to me. Alas, Rita is gone!

The fact that she was born on Saturday and she died on that same day of the week reminded me of our CSP 210 days. She'll often call me on Friday to remind me and sometimes threaten me to come pick her the next day. "If dem born you well, no come carry me and Ese tomorrow morning o"

On Monday, we went for her burial. There I got the chance to see her beautiful face again but for the last time. Dressed in a snow white gown which I wish was for the purpose of her wedding...

*goes on my knees* At this junction, I'll both sound a note of warnining plus beg, plead and solicit a favour from the young unmarried individuals. PLEASE KNOW YOUR GENOTYPE AND YOUR COMPATIBILITY AND BE SURE OF THAT OF YOUR FUTURE PARTNER BEFORE ASKING "WILL YOU MARRY ME" OR BEFORE SAYING "YES, I WILL MARRY YOU". *sits back up*

Compatible Genotypes for Marriage
The the best compatible match is AA and AA. By that, your children will be spared the worry of who is compatible and who is not.
AA can also marry an AS. The resultant children will be AA and AS which is fair enough.
An SS has no option than to marry an AA.
AS and AS is biologically forbidden in marriage.
Neither should it cross the mind of an AS to marry an SS.
Finally, birds of a feather, flock together but never in the case of SS and SS marriage. Don't even imagine it, 'biko nu'!

After much thought, after thinking of what I can do in my capacity to retain the good name made by Rita, I have decided to continue the company she founded; OMAR BEAUTY HOME it is.

She has great dreams for her company and I was so fortunate to have her share some of them with me before her departure. She might be gone in person but her legacy must not go with her.

I therefore call on everyone who loves Rita and what she stood for. I call on family and friends of Rita. I beckon to anyone who has ever lost a loved one. I call on everyone who believes in a future where there will be no sickle cell patients. To arise for this noble course. *Details soon

To the memory of my late friend, sister, departmental and level mate and business partner -Miss Rita Olayinka Ogidan (Saturday, 30th March, 1991 - Saturday, 6th December, 2014).
RIP (Return If Possible), OMAR!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
#

No comments:

Post a Comment