Saturday 19 May 2012

THERMOSTATIC AND THERMOMETRIC BEINGS

Thermometer is an instrument that measures the temperature of a body. It does this by adjusting its own temperature to that of the body it comes in contact with. Thermostat on the other hand, is an instrument used for keeping the temperature of a place constant. It does this by constantly supplying heat until the environmental temperature equals the one it gives out.
Human beings can be grouped either as 'thermometric being' or 'thermostatic being'. Don't even try looking up these grouping in any Science textbook neither should you 'Google' it -you won't find them anywhere else!
Some people are just like the chameleon. They adjust their attitude to suite that of those living wherever they find themselves. They care so much about what people will say if seen doing the right thing as against the wrong thing in vogue. These people are those I call the 'thermometric beings'! They are easily influenced.
When a 'thermostatic being' gets to a gathering, boredom becomes a past experience. They cannot be in a place without everyone noticing. Everybody in the street soon start doing whatever they do. They influence!
Where do you belong? For me, I'm a 'thermometstatic being'! (That's a joke). Seriously, let's ask ourselves these seemingly negligible questions: Do I really have to follow multitude to do evil? Do I have to take or give bribe because people do it? Do I have to have sex before marriage because my friends do it? Do I have to drop an empty sachet of 'pure water' because there are thousands of it lying of the floor? Do I have to cheat before I can pass an exam? Do I have to dress indecently just because it's the trendy fashion? Do I have to rain abuses on policemen because of...(no comment)? Do I have to chant curses on PHCN officials each time there's power cut? I can go on and on... We must learn to do the right things not minding what others do. Let others be positively influenced by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment